Solidworks professional electrical
Electrical Design Software Packages | Products
SOLIDWORKS Electrical solutions are integral parts of the SOLIDWORKS design and simulation portfolio that help Design Engineers reduce the risk inherent in innovation and get their products to market faster with less physical prototyping to decrease costs. With a consistent, powerful, intuitive set of electrical design capabilities, all fully integrated with the SOLIDWORKS solution portfolio, designers can establish an integrated design early in the design process and avoid costly design rework.
A professional PCB design tool capable of meeting the demands of today’s products, which allows you to develop the most efficient schematics for your board layouts. Integration of PCB design seamlessly with SOLIDWORKS CAD, with a managed ECO change process and distinct workflows to keep you at your most productive.
A powerful, stress-free, easy-to-use single user schematic design tool helps rapid development of embedded electrical systems for equipment and other products. Built-in and web-enabled libraries of symbols and manufacturer part information provide common re-usable materials optimizing design re-use. You can streamline and simplify an array of tedious design tasks, from terminal block to contact cross reference assignments, with our automated design and management tools.*Not available in all markets
A powerful, stress-free, easy-to-use suite of collaborative schematic design tools drives rapid development of embedded electrical systems for equipment and other products. Built-in and web-enabled libraries of symbols, manufacturer part information, and 3D component models provide common re-usable materials optimizing design re-use. You can streamline and simplify an array of tedious design tasks, from PLC and terminal block to contact cross reference assignments, with our automated design and management tools.
Integrate electrical schematic design data with the SOLIDWORKS 3D model of a machine or other product—bidirectionally and in real time. SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D enables you to place electrical components and use advanced SOLIDWORKS routing technology to automatically interconnect electrical design elements within the 3D model. Determine optimal lengths for wires, cables, and harnesses, all while maintaining design and bill of materials (BOM) synchronization between electrical and mechanical designs.
Combine the electrical schematic functionality of SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic with the 3D modeling capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D and do it all in one powerful, easy-to-use package. SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional is ideally suited for the user that supports both the electrical and mechanical design integration.
Share data between electrical CAD (ECAD) and mechanical CAD (MCAD) designers using the CircuitWorks™ tool in SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software. Circuitworks™ enables users to share, compare, update, and track electrical design data so users can more quickly resolve electrical-mechanical integration problems.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional >>
SolidWorks Electrical Professional - Design your 2D and 3D Electrical Systems
Design your 2D and 3D Electrical Systems
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional simplifies 2D and 3D electrical system creation by providing an intuitive interface that gives you faster results. Bi-directional integration in real time with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD provides better collaboration and productivity, resulting in fewer product delays, more consistent and standardized designs, lower costs, and faster time-to-market.
Benefits of SOLIDWORKS Electrial Professional* software
Combine both 2D schematic creation and 3D electrical system modeling. Includes:
*Requires SOLIDWORKS CAD software (sold separately)
Features of SOLIDWORKS Electrial Professional software
Includes both 2D and 3D capabilities:
- 2D electrical schematic drawings.
- Multi‐user SQL database under the product.
- Import AutoCAD Electrical symbols directly into SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
- Single line schematic planning tools directly linked to detailed multi‐line versions.
- Large Library of electrical parts data from manufacturers: > 500k and growing.
- Symbol creation wizard: make it easy to prepare 2D schematic symbols.
- Powerful tools for wiring PLCs and terminal strips that cut the time required to add advanced.
- Unlimited schematic sheet count.
- Import schematic design data into SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software.
- Enable placement of all electrical components in the 3D model.
- Auto‐route cables/wires based on 2D schematic data.
- Separation/segregation checking: ensure electrical runs are separated to prevent.
- Electromagnetic interference (e.g. separate 3 phase AC power from pH signals from sensors).
- Determine cable/wire/harness lengths needed, and provide real‐time links to 2D schematic.
- Provide path planning/space allocation and collision detection for electrical cable/wire runs.
The Benefits of Integrating 2D Electrical with 3D Mechanical
Eliminate Hidden Costs
Prevent mistakes and extra costs with your 3D model and schematic linked bi-directionally in real time, as well as a combined BOM for electrical and mechanical.
Reduce Manufacturing Defects and Scrap
With items selected during schematic creation added to the 3D model, you can ensure fit, check for collision/clash, calculate lengths, plan for efficient material usage, and reduce scrap. Documentation is better and more consistent throughout development, reducing mistakes.
Coordinating electrical and mechanical functions enables teams to work in parallel to save time. Specific time-saving benefits include combining mechanical and electrical BOMs to streamline production planning and faster planning of cable/wire/harness paths using the 3D model.
Ensure Consistent Manufacturing and Assembly
Including electrical information from the schematic in the 3D model enables detailed planning, documentation, and visualization of overall product design, helping to ensure consistent assembly from unit to unit.
Streamline Development to Reduce Costs
Faster design, better communication between departments, synchronized plans, up-to-date documentation, and shorter time-to-market all add up to reduced costs throughout the product lifecycle.
Upgrades, Technical Support & Value Added Resources
With Subscrition Service your design team will have access to new software releases and upgrades, enhancement request privileges, live technical support from Javelin, and comprehensive online resources. Learn more about Subscription Service.
Need more information or want to tell a colleague?
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional vs SOLIDWORKS Routing
So, you’ve heard about SOLIDWORKS Electrical; maybe you’ve viewed a few posts online, watched a youtube video or two, and maybe even attended a TPM event on Electrical….. Yet, here you sit, still beating your head on your desk trying to get a cable to route through a tie wrap!
You’re not alone; many companies are utilizing the routing functionality to achieve very complex paths in their assembly. It is a good tool to represent this information, but still, creating 3D splines in space has its challenges.
In this epic battle, we compare routing functionality in both arena. Hopefully this will help you decide what “path” to take!
- In SOLIDWORKS Routing, the fundamental information required to run wires and cables is built into the 3D model of the connector, or mechanism that will receive power. CP’s (Control Points), are generated by the user to identify the pins and the associated callouts.
- We then place these components in our assembly using traditional mates.
- SOLIDWORKS Routing then provides us the tools to route the cables and wires between the components in a manor advantageous to our design.
- With SOLIDWORKS Routing, we are in control of the route itself. You specify the distance from a face your wires should be, you identify the tie wraps locations and ensure the route passes through correctly. YOU generate the route.
First and foremost, let’s make sure you understand what Electrical Professional refers to.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional has two components:
- Electrical 2D Schematic
- Handles 2D schematics and point to point documentation
- Electrical 3D
- Routes harnesses, wires, and cables in 3D space from component to component.
- Utilizes a seat of SOLIDWORKS.
- Requires SQL express or better. (SQL Express is included with the software)
Understand that with SOLIDWORKS Electrical, our 3D routes are looking at the schematic for its information. So inherently, what is documented on the schematic…becomes a route. A change to the schematic updates the route in 3D.
Also, when we route with Electrical, we have the capability to add rules and segregate routes based on their function, gauge, or intention in the design. The route is truly rules based. Wires will automatically find the nearest conduit, or desired path and the internal algorithm then looks at the segregation information to further refine the routed path.
Having made learning Electrical a priority, I can now say that personally, I would use SOLDIWORKS Electrical to perform any required routing in SOLDIWORKS. Whether it be electrical, pneumatic, or hydraulic…this software gets the job done without the typical headaches associated with traditional routing. For more information, visit our website.
By: Rob Stoklosa • SOLIDWORKS Application Engineer • TPM
TPM, Inc. is the Carolina’s largest 3D CAD provider and a leading technology company proud of its reputation of providing cutting-edge solutions to the engineering and design community for the past 40 years. Founded in 1973, TPM Inc. serves more than 3,000 customers across the Southeast each year. Inspired by our founder, Jerry Cooper, we are committed to offering our clients the best: 3D Design Software, 3D Printing and Scanning Options, Data and Document Management Solutions, Large-Format Graphics, Wide-Format Plotters and Office Equipment, and Reprographics.
solidworks - WikiVisually
1. Язык программирования – A programming language is a formal computer language designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer. Programming languages can be used to programs to control the behavior of a machine or to express algorithms. From the early 1800s, programs were used to direct the behavior of such as Jacquard looms. Thousands of different programming languages have created, mainly in the computer field. Many programming languages require computation to be specified in an imperative form while other languages use forms of program specification such as the declarative form. The description of a language is usually split into the two components of syntax and semantics. Some languages are defined by a document while other languages have a dominant implementation that is treated as a reference. Some languages have both, with the language defined by a standard and extensions taken from the dominant implementation being common. A programming language is a notation for writing programs, which are specifications of a computation or algorithm, some, but not all, authors restrict the term programming language to those languages that can express all possible algorithms. For example, PostScript programs are created by another program to control a computer printer or display. More generally, a language may describe computation on some, possibly abstract. It is generally accepted that a specification for a programming language includes a description, possibly idealized. In most practical contexts, a programming language involves a computer, consequently, abstractions Programming languages usually contain abstractions for defining and manipulating data structures or controlling the flow of execution. Expressive power The theory of computation classifies languages by the computations they are capable of expressing, all Turing complete languages can implement the same set of algorithms. ANSI/ISO SQL-92 and Charity are examples of languages that are not Turing complete, markup languages like XML, HTML, or troff, which define structured data, are not usually considered programming languages. Programming languages may, however, share the syntax with markup languages if a computational semantics is defined, XSLT, for example, is a Turing complete XML dialect. Moreover, LaTeX, which is used for structuring documents. The term computer language is used interchangeably with programming language
2. Visual Basic – Microsoft intended Visual Basic to be relatively easy to learn and use. A programmer can create an application using the components provided by the Visual Basic program itself, over time the community of programmers developed third party components. Programs written in Visual Basic can also use the Windows API, the final release was version 6 in 1998. On April 8,2008 Microsoft stopped supporting Visual Basic 6.0 IDE, in 2014, some software developers still preferred Visual Basic 6.0 over its successor, Visual Basic. NET. In 2014 some developers lobbied for a new version of Visual Basic 6.0, in 2016, Visual Basic 6.0 won the technical impact award at The 19th Annual D. I. C. E. A dialect of Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Applications, is used as a macro or scripting language within several Microsoft applications, like the BASIC programming language, Visual Basic was designed to accommodate a steep learning curve. Programmers can create simple and complex GUI applications. Since VB defines default attributes and actions for the components, a programmer can develop a program without writing much code. Programs built with earlier versions suffered performance problems, but faster computers, though VB programs can be compiled into native code executables from version 5 on, they still require the presence of around 1 MB of runtime libraries. Core runtime libraries are included by default in Windows 2000 and later, earlier versions of Windows, require that the runtime libraries be distributed with the executable. Forms are created using drag-and-drop techniques, a tool is used to place controls on the form. Controls have attributes and event handlers associated with them, default values are provided when the control is created, but may be changed by the programmer. Many attribute values can be modified during run time based on actions or changes in the environment. For example, code can be inserted into the form resize event handler to reposition a control so that it remains centered on the form, expands to fill up the form, etc. Visual Basic can create executables, ActiveX controls, or DLL files, dialog boxes with less functionality can be used to provide pop-up capabilities. Controls provide the functionality of the application, while programmers can insert additional logic within the appropriate event handlers. For example, a drop-down combination box automatically displays a list, when the user selects an element, an event handler is called that executes code that the programmer created to perform the action for that list item. Alternatively, a Visual Basic component can have no user interface and this allows for server-side processing or an add-in module
3. Операционная система – An operating system is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs. All computer programs, excluding firmware, require a system to function. Operating systems are found on many devices that contain a computer – from cellular phones, the dominant desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows with a market share of around 83. 3%. MacOS by Apple Inc. is in place, and the varieties of Linux is in third position. Linux distributions are dominant in the server and supercomputing sectors, other specialized classes of operating systems, such as embedded and real-time systems, exist for many applications. A single-tasking system can run one program at a time. Multi-tasking may be characterized in preemptive and co-operative types, in preemptive multitasking, the operating system slices the CPU time and dedicates a slot to each of the programs. Unix-like operating systems, e. g. Solaris, Linux, cooperative multitasking is achieved by relying on each process to provide time to the other processes in a defined manner. 16-bit versions of Microsoft Windows used cooperative multi-tasking, 32-bit versions of both Windows NT and Win9x, used preemptive multi-tasking. Single-user operating systems have no facilities to distinguish users, but may allow multiple programs to run in tandem, a distributed operating system manages a group of distinct computers and makes them appear to be a single computer. The development of networked computers that could be linked and communicate with each other gave rise to distributed computing, distributed computations are carried out on more than one machine. When computers in a work in cooperation, they form a distributed system. The technique is used both in virtualization and cloud computing management, and is common in large server warehouses, embedded operating systems are designed to be used in embedded computer systems. They are designed to operate on small machines like PDAs with less autonomy and they are able to operate with a limited number of resources. They are very compact and extremely efficient by design, Windows CE and Minix 3 are some examples of embedded operating systems. A real-time operating system is a system that guarantees to process events or data by a specific moment in time. A real-time operating system may be single- or multi-tasking, but when multitasking, early computers were built to perform a series of single tasks, like a calculator. Basic operating system features were developed in the 1950s, such as resident monitor functions that could run different programs in succession to speed up processing
4. 1995 год – America Online and Prodigy offered access to the World Wide Web system for the first time this year, releasing browsers that made it easily accessible to the general public. January 1 The World Trade Organization is established to replace the General Agreement on Tariffs, austria, Finland and Sweden join the European Union. The Draupner wave in the North Sea in Norway is detected, january 6–7 – A chemical fire occurs in an apartment complex in Manila, Philippines. Policemen led by watch commander Aida Fariscal and investigators find a factory and a laptop computer and disks that contain plans for Project Bojinka. The mastermind, Ramzi Yousef, is arrested one month later, january 9 – Valeri Polyakov completes 366 days in space while aboard the Mir space station, breaking a duration record. January 16 An avalanche hits the village Súðavík in Iceland, killing 14 people, the fourth Star Trek TV series, Voyager, premieres on UPN in the United States. January 17 The 6.9 Mw Great Hanshin earthquake shakes the southern Hyōgo Prefecture with a maximum Shindo of VII, leaving 5, 502–6,434 people dead, Prodigy begins offering access to the World Wide Web. January 24 – Opening statements in the O. J. Simpson murder case trial in Los Angeles, january 25 – Norwegian rocket incident, A rocket launched from the space exploration centre at Andøya, Norway is briefly interpreted by the Russians as an incoming attack. January 30 – John Howard becomes leader of the Liberal Party of Australia to challenge Paul Keating for the 1996 Federal Election, january 31 – U. S. President Bill Clinton invokes emergency powers, to extend a $20 billion loan to help Mexico avert financial collapse. His car is found two weeks later at Severn View services in Aust, february 9 – STS-63, Dr. Bernard A. Harris, Jr. and Michael Foale became the second African American and Briton, respectively, to walk in space. February 13 – A United Nations tribunal on human rights violations in the Balkans charges 21 Bosnian Serb commanders with genocide, february 15 – Hacker Kevin Mitnick is arrested by the FBI and charged with penetrating some of the United States most secure computer systems. February 17 Colin Ferguson is convicted of six counts of murder for the December 1993 Long Island Rail Road shooting, february 21 Serkadji prison mutiny in Algeria, Four guards and 96 prisoners are killed in a day and a half. Ibrahim Ali, a 17-year-old Comorian living in France, is murdered by 3 far-right National Front activists, Steve Fossett lands in Leader, Saskatchewan, Canada, becoming the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific Ocean in a balloon. February 23 – The Dow Jones Industrial Average gains 30.28 to close at 4,003.33 – the Dows first ever close above 4,000, february 25 – Amazon Cooperation Treaty Organization. February 26 – The United Kingdoms oldest investment banking firm, Barings Bank, february 28 – Members of the group Patriots Council are convicted in Minnesota of manufacturing ricin. March 1 Julio María Sanguinetti is sworn in as President of Uruguay for his second term, polish Prime Minister Waldemar Pawlak resigns from Parliament and is replaced by ex-communist Józef Oleksy. In Moscow, Russian anti-corruption journalist Vladislav Listyev is killed by a gunman, March 2 – Nick Leeson is arrested in Singapore for his role in the collapse of Barings Bank. March 3 – In Somalia, the United Nations peacekeeping mission ends, March 6 – On an episode of The Jenny Jones Show in the United States, Scott Amedure reveals a crush on his heterosexual friend Jonathan Schmitz
5. Лицензия на программное обеспечение – A software license is a legal instrument governing the use or redistribution of software. Under United States copyright law all software is copyright protected, in code as also object code form. The only exception is software in the public domain, most distributed software can be categorized according to its license type. Two common categories for software under copyright law, and therefore with licenses which grant the licensee specific rights, are proprietary software and free, unlicensed software outside the copyright protection is either public domain software or software which is non-distributed, non-licensed and handled as internal business trade secret. Contrary to popular belief, distributed unlicensed software is copyright protected. Examples for this are unauthorized software leaks or software projects which are placed on public software repositories like GitHub without specified license. As voluntarily handing software into the domain is problematic in some international law domains, there are also licenses granting PD-like rights. Therefore, the owner of a copy of software is legally entitled to use that copy of software. Hence, if the end-user of software is the owner of the respective copy, as many proprietary licenses only enumerate the rights that the user already has under 17 U. S. C. §117, and yet proclaim to take away from the user. Proprietary software licenses often proclaim to give software publishers more control over the way their software is used by keeping ownership of each copy of software with the software publisher. The form of the relationship if it is a lease or a purchase, for example UMG v. Augusto or Vernor v. Autodesk. The ownership of goods, like software applications and video games, is challenged by licensed. The Swiss based company UsedSoft innovated the resale of business software and this feature of proprietary software licenses means that certain rights regarding the software are reserved by the software publisher. Therefore, it is typical of EULAs to include terms which define the uses of the software, the most significant effect of this form of licensing is that, if ownership of the software remains with the software publisher, then the end-user must accept the software license. In other words, without acceptance of the license, the end-user may not use the software at all, one example of such a proprietary software license is the license for Microsoft Windows. The most common licensing models are per single user or per user in the appropriate volume discount level, Licensing per concurrent/floating user also occurs, where all users in a network have access to the program, but only a specific number at the same time. Another license model is licensing per dongle which allows the owner of the dongle to use the program on any computer, Licensing per server, CPU or points, regardless the number of users, is common practice as well as site or company licenses
6. 1993 год – January 1 Czechoslovakia ceases to exist as the Czech Republic and Slovakia separate in the so-called Velvet Divorce. The European Economic Community eliminates trade barriers and creates a European single market, British ITV companies GMTV, Carlton Television, Meridian Broadcasting and Westcountry Television start broadcasting, replacing TV-am, Thames Television, TVS and TSW respectively. Euronews, a television news channels in Europe, officially launched. January 2 – Sri Lankan Civil War, The Sri Lanka Navy kills 35-100 civilians on the Jaffna Lagoon, January 3 In Moscow, Presidents George H. W. Bush and Boris Yeltsin sign the second Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty. The third Star Trek TV series Deep Space Nine premieres in syndication, January 5 The state of Washington executes Westley Allan Dodd by hanging. US$7.4 million is stolen from the Brinks Armored Car Depot in Rochester, four men, Samuel Millar, Father Patrick Moloney, former Rochester Police officer Thomas OConnor, and Charles McCormick, all of whom have ties to the Provisional Irish Republican Army, are accused. MV Braer, a Liberian-registered oil tanker, runs aground off the Scottish island of Mainland, Shetland, January 6 – Douglas Hurd is the first high-ranking British official to visit Argentina since the Falklands War. January 6–20 – The Bombay Riots take place in Mumbai, January 7 – The Fourth Republic of Ghana is inaugurated, with Jerry Rawlings as president. January 8–17 – The Braer Storm of January 1993, the most intense cyclone on record for the northern Atlantic Ocean. January 11 – Monday Night Raw, the longest running weekly show of the World Wrestling Entertainment/Federation. January 14 – The Polish ferry MS Jan Heweliusz sinks off the coast of Rügen in the Baltic Sea, January 15 – Salvatore Riina, the Sicilian Mafia boss known as The Beast, is arrested in Palermo, Sicily, after 23 years as a fugitive. January 19 The Chemical Weapons Convention is signed, IBM announces a $4.97 billion loss for 1992, the largest single-year corporate loss in United States history to date. U. S. forces fire approximately 40 Tomahawk cruise missiles at Baghdad factories linked to Iraqs illegal nuclear weapons program, Iraq then informs UNSCOM that it will be able to resume its flights. January 20 – Bill Clinton is sworn in as President of the United States, January 24 – In Turkey, thousands protest the murder of journalist Uğur Mumcu. January 25 Mir Aimal Kasi fires a rifle and kills two employees outside Central Intelligence Agency headquarters in Langley, Virginia, Social Democrat Poul Nyrup Rasmussen succeeds Conservative Poul Schlüter as Prime Minister of Denmark. The Russian space station Mir boasts the first art exhibition in outer space, January 26 – Václav Havel is elected President of the Czech Republic. February 4 – Members of the right-wing Austrian Freedom Party of Austria split to form the Liberal Forum in protest against the increasing nationalistic bent of the party, february 5 – Belgium becomes a federal monarchy rather than a unitary kingdom. February 8 – General Motors sues NBC, after Dateline NBC allegedly rigged 2 crashes showing that some GM pickups can easily catch fire if hit in certain places, NBC settles the lawsuit the following day
7. Промышленный дизайн – Industrial design is a process of design applied to products that are to be manufactured through techniques of mass production. This distinguishes industrial design from craft-based design, where the form of the product is determined by the creator at the time of its creation. The role of a designer is to create and execute design solutions for problems of form, function, usability, physical ergonomics, marketing, brand development, sustainability. The division of labour that underlies the practice of design did have precedents in the pre-industrial era. The use of drawing to specify how something was to be constructed later was first developed by architects and shipwrights during the Italian Renaissance. The emergence of industrial design is linked to the growth of industrialisation and mechanisation that began with the industrial revolution in Great Britain in the mid 18th century. The first use of the industrial design is often attributed to the industrial designer Joseph Claude Sinel in 1919. Christopher Dresser is considered among the first independent industrial designers, Industrial designs origins lie in the industrialization of consumer products. The earliest use of the term may have been in The Art Union, the Practical Draughtsmans Book of Industrial Design by Jacques-Eugène Armengaud was printed in 1853. The subtitle of the work explains, that it wants to offer a course of mechanical, engineering. The study of those types of drawing, according to Armengaud. This work paved the way for a big expansion in the drawing education in France, the United Kingdom. Robert Lepper helped to establish one of the countrys first industrial design programs at Carnegie Institute of Technology. Product design and industrial design overlap in the fields of user interface design, information design, except for certain functional areas of overlap between industrial design and engineering design, educational programs in the U. S. Most industrial designers complete a design or related program at a school or university. Diplomas and degrees take two to four years of study, the study results in a Bachelor of Industrial Design, Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Fine Arts. Afterwards, the programme can be extended to postgraduate degrees such as Master of Design, Master of Fine Arts. Industrial design studies function and form—and the connection between product, user, and environment, generally, industrial design professionals work in small scale design, rather than overall design of complex systems such as buildings or ships
Electrical Design Academia | Products
SOLIDWORKS Education and Student Editions provide SOLIDWORKS Premium software to educators and students of all levels, and empower learning with access to curriculum and teaching tools. SOLIDWORKS offers the best suite of tools for engineering design, simulation, documentation, and sustainable design in one easy-to-learn software package.
SOLIDWORKS Education Edition Software is a suite of powerful 3D design, simulation, and design validation software tools for educators teaching at all academic levels. SOLIDWORKS Education Edition packages SOLIDWORKS Premium software with a full curriculum and interactive courseware to help educators provide the best instruction for their students.
SOLIDWORKS Student Edition packages SOLIDWORKS Premium software and gives students access to best-in-class design tools to help sharpen skills and empower creative design inside and outside the classroom.
With the SOLIDWORKS Research License, researchers can access the latest in engineering technology, while communicating with other researchers and industrial users around the world.
Focused Product Development Applications
Additional SOLIDWORKS Education packages offer students applications for data management, technical documentation, and embedded electrical system design.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Education Edition - SchematicDevelop system-level electrical schematics needed to power and control your robot or student project. Use this powerful schematic tool to plan power, control, safety, PLC, and other systems for your design. (Note: Not for PCB assembly design.)
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Education Edition - ProfessionalCombines both electrical systems schematic design with 3D cable/wire/harness modeling capability in a single product to enable users to complete their overall product design. Educators and students can now design projects, including robots and Formula SAE cars, and include the necessary electrical aspects in their designs.
SOLIDWORKS ComposerUse SOLIDWORKS Composer to develop technical documentation that is linked to your original SOLIDWORKS CAD files, streamlining development and management of product instructions, user manuals, and training materials for your product – just as professionals do in industry. Great for team projects, including robot design, Formula SAE, and other educational projects.
SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDMSOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM (EPDM) is a professional-grade data management tool available to schools for managing student design data and to introduce students to the world of product data management. Users can manage revisions, plan workflows and signoffs, and ensure documents are controlled. Manage your next team design project using SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM.
What's New >>