Advanced time synchronizer
Advanced Time Synchronizer is a powerful PC clock synchronizer
Soft29.com : Desktop Tools :
A powerful and easy-to-use PC clock synchronizer working with time servers via the Internet, supporting three time synchronization protocols, proxy servers.
Advanced Time Synchronizer is a powerful and easy-to-use PC clock synchronizer working with time servers via the Internet, supporting three time synchronization protocols, proxy servers and having a lot of other useful features. Advanced Time Synchronizer connects to all the servers in the list one by one until either the time is successfully synchronized or the list is over. Advanced Time Synchronizer can update the system time at certain intervals from one hour to one month. It samples each time server multiple times and uses timestamp from the fastest sample to synchronize clock. This feature may be useful, because the network delays are often greater on the first sample and less on next samples. So this allows increasing accuracy of time synchronization by choosing a timestamp that is received with less network delays.
If you connect to the Internet using a dial-up connection, you can configure Advanced Time Synchronizer to update the time only if a dial-up connection is established. If there is no connection, Advanced Time Synchronizer can wait till it is established and update the time after the connection is established. Advanced Time Synchronizer can synchronize the PC clock with Internet time servers and function as a time server for your local area network using three time synchronization protocols for that: Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP), Time Protocol and Daytime Protocol.
If you use a proxy server, you can configure Advanced Time Synchronizer to work through a HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A or SOCKS5 proxy server.
Advanced Time Synchronizer can be launched from the command line or from batch files, it can be launched as a Windows NT service and start working even before the user logs onto the system.
- Keeps your PC clock in synchronization with exactest time servers in Internet;
- Supports three network time synchronization protocols: Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP), Time Protocol and Daytime Protocol;
- Easy to configure. Win98/WinME/WinNT/Win2000/WinXP compatible;
- Keeps the computer clocks of your whole network synchronized. The workstations don't need access to the internet or any other time sources;
- Synchronizes PC clock automatically connecting all servers in the list one by one until either the time is successfully synchronized or the list is over;
- Can be launched as a Windows NT service and start working even before the user logs onto the system;
- Unlimited number of servers in the list and the easily configured each server in the list;
- Automatically synchronizes time at startup or at certain intervals from one hour to one month;
- Waits for an established dial-up connection to synchronize the time;
- Automatically establishes and terminates a dial-up connection;
- Supports HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A and SOCKS5 proxy servers;
- Includes command line tool that can be launched from the command line or from batch files;
- Contains a large list of pre-defined time servers;
- Works as a time server in the local area network;
- Accessible over system tray;
- Shows balloon tool tips when time synchronized;
- Keeps statistics of all time synchronization attempts performed;
- Calculates average clock drift from time synchronization corrections;
- Full rfc2030, rfc868 and rfc867 compliant;
- Multi-language interface;
- Optimized for Windows XP and for Accessibility;
- Free support and upgrades to registered users.
Advanced Time Synchronizer Frequently Asked Questions
Please read the FAQ and use support form to contact our Support Service if you have additional questions or problems.
1. What is Advanced Time Synchronizer?
Advanced Time Synchronizer is a powerful and easy-to-use utility to synchronize your PC clock with a public time servers over the Internet.
2. Where can I get it?
You can download it from our web site: http://www.advtimesync.com/download.html.
3. How do I register?
Please read more information about Advanced Time Synchronizer registration at http://www.advtimesync.com/purchase.html.
4. Does Advanced Time Synchronizer support Windows x64 Editions?
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 x64 Edition For Intel® EM64T and AMD64 Platform Architecture are fully supported by Advanced Time Synchronizer.
5. How do I protect Advanced Time Synchronizer settings from reinstalls, upgrades or operating system crashes?
Advanced Time Synchronizer keeps all its settings and logs in the advtimesync.ini and advtimesync.log files, which are located in your "Application Data" directory. In order to save Advanced Time Synchronizer settings you can copy these files somewhere else and when you'll need to restore Advanced Time Synchronizer settings you must copy advtimesync.ini and advtimesync.log files back to your "Application Data" directory.
6. Can I set different location for Advanced Time Synchronizer settings?
Since version 2.4 Advanced Time Synchronizer uses registry key to allow override its settings files location. Specify directory where settings files are located in the string value "SettingsDir" in the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Southsoftware\advtimesync" of the system registry and restart program. Advanced Time Synchronizer will keep two files in the specified directory: advtimesync.ini and advtimesync.log.
7. Which settings files are used when Advanced Time Synchronizer is started as service?
Since version 2.4 Advanced Time Synchronizer uses registry key to locate its settings files when it is started as service. You can change this location in the Service tab of Settings dialog or by specifying directory path directly in the string value "ServiceDataFolder" in the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Southsoftware\advtimesync" of the system registry.
8. Why Advanced Time Synchronizer doesn't work at my company?
Most likely, you are running behind a proxy server. Currently Advanced Time Synchronizer supports HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A and SOCKS5 proxy servers. If your company network works on one of these proxy servers you must open Proxy tab on Settings dialog and specify proxy server address and port number.
9. Does Advanced Time Synchronizer support proxy servers that require a username and password?
Advanced Time Synchronizer supports user authentication for HTTP and SOCKS5 proxy servers. If your proxy server requires authentication you must check Use authentication for the server check box on the Proxy tab in Settings dialog box and specify your username and password.
10. Why Advanced Time Synchronizer doesn't display help correctly?
If you do not have Internet Explorer 5 or higher, you need to install Html Help. You can download it here: http://www.southsoftware.com/hhupd.exe.
11. Why Advanced Time Synchronizer window reports a time hours different than the local PC time, but yet the difference is only a few seconds?
This may be because your daylight time settings in time zone information are incorrect. You can download Tzedit, a Windows program from Microsoft that allows you to edit the time zone settings.
12. Can Advanced Time Synchronizer automatically start my Dial-Up Networking connection?
Yes. Advanced Time Synchronizer can auto-dial network connection before time synchronization and, if turned, hang up it after time synchronization made. To set auto-dial network connection options, open Dial-up section in Settings dialog and set corresponding settings.
13. Why when I click on the on the upper right corner, the application doesn't close?
Advanced Time Synchronizer has an option that moves Advanced Time Synchronizer main window to the system tray icon instead of close it. This option is in the Run section of the Settings dialog. NOTE: If you've enabled Advanced Time Synchronizer to synchronize time automatically by some intervals, then Advanced Time Synchronizer must be started or its service must be run for be able to start time synchronization when scheduled time is reached. If Advanced Time Synchronizer is not being started, automatic time synchronizations will not work.
14. Why program does not start in Windows 95?
Starting from version 4.0 Advanced Time Synchronizer does not support Windows 95, however, older version may be installed on Windows 95 with Windows Sockets 1.1 or later. You can download W95 Winsock Upgrade here: http://www.southsoftware.com/W95ws2setup.exe.
15. Why SNTP local server does not start in Windows 2000 and XP?
Windows 2000 and XP contain a new built-in system called Windows Time Service. This service starts its local SNTP time server.
You can stop this service by typing: net stop w32time
To restart the time service type: net start w32time
To turn off the time service: Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. Find "Windows Time" in the list of services. Stop the service and then set the "Startup type" to either Manual or Disabled.
16. Where can I find Advanced Time Synchronizer documentation?
We provide downloadable documentation for our products in PDF format. You can download Advanced Time Synchronizer documentation in PDF by this link: http://www.advtimesync.com/docs/advtimesync.pdf.
17. Does Time protocol expire?
Time Protocol (rfc868) uses 32-bit binary timestamp, which represents time in seconds from 0h 0m 0s UTC on January 1, 1900. After 6h 28m 16s UTC on February 7, 2036 most significant bit of this timestamp will overflow 32 bit DWORD value and will lost. The time stamp will become zero. Should Time Protocol be in use in 2036, some external means will be necessary to qualify time relative to 1900 and time relative to 2036 (and other multiples of 136 years). Most likely future versions of Advanced Time Synchronizer will still support Time Protocol after 7 February 2036.
18. Advanced Time Synchronizer fails to synchronize time with "Not enough privileges for change the system time." message and/or Advanced Time Synchronizer service does not start with "Access is denied." message?
Administrator privileges are required to change system time and install service. However, an administrator can allow time synchronizations from non-administrator accounts by installing Advanced Time Synchronizer Service. Read more in the Changing system time topic.
19. Why program does not start with message "Your system has old version of Common Controls Library (ComCtl32.dll)."?
ComCtl 5.80 or later must be installed on your computer. You can download Platform SDK Comctl32 Redistributables (499 KB) here: http://www.southsoftware.com/50comupd.exe.
20. I need a custom feature that I can't find in Advanced Time Synchronizer. Can you develop a special version for our environment?
We are always open for feature request. Please contact our Support Service for further discussion.
21. Is it safe to order online?
By clicking a purchase link on our web site, you order from our authorized sales agent. They provide you with an order process that is protected via a secure connection so that the data sent to the recipient can only be read by the recipient. Important information such as credit card numbers, addresses, etc. is sent to the recipient securely via the Internet.
22. Can I buy Advanced Time Synchronizer with PayPal?
Yes, now we accept PayPal. Please follow this link to buy Advanced Time Synchronizer with PayPal: http://www.advtimesync.com/paypal.html.
23. How to purchase your product and how long will I receive the activation code after I complete the purchase?
Normally, you will receive the activation code by e-mail immediately after your successful purchase. If you don't receive your registration information in a timely manner, or if you've lost it, please contact our Support Service. If you are purchasing Advanced Time Synchronizer Industrial, you will also receive a separate message with your login information for our registered user area. The registered user area allows registered users of Southsoftware.com products to download latest versions of our software, view order information and activation status.
24. The registration key you sent me doesn't work, why?
If most cases this happens simply because the activation code has not been typed into the registration dialog exactly as shown in the registration Email. It is important to remember that character case, punctuation, and spaces are significant. We suggest that you copy and paste the activation code directly from your registration Email to the registration dialog.
25. How many times can I activate Advanced Time Synchronizer license?
You can activate Advanced Time Synchronizer as many times as you want on the same computer (with the same hardware fingerprint). The number of different computers where you can activate Advanced Time Synchronizer is limited by the number of copies purchased.
26. How to reactivate Advanced Time Synchronizer, if computer hardware configuration changes?
If you upgrade some significant parts on your computer, reactivation might be required. In that case please contact our Support Service. You will be able to reactivate your software automatically in 6 months after last activation.
27. Will my license expire?
Your Advanced Time Synchronizer license will never expire. Free life time upgrades are available for Advanced Time Synchronizer users. Updates and support for Advanced Time Synchronizer Industrial users will expire upon the expiration of their Updates and Support subscription.
28. What happens when my Updates and Support subscription expires?
Advanced Time Synchronizer Industrial only: When your Updates and Support subscription expires, your installed software will continue to work, you will be able to activate it in case of reinstallation, with your login information for our registered user area, you will be able to download the latest version that is available for your subscription (the version that was release before your Updates and Support subscription expired). However, you will not be able to upgrade to the newer version and you will receive only limited support.
29. How to renew Updates and Support subscription?
Advanced Time Synchronizer Industrial only: To renew your Updates and Support subscription, please login into our registered user area and click on one of the renew links. We provide a 50% renewal discount for registered users. If you are renewing a subscription that is not expired, new subscription will extended your existing subscription for the selected period, if your existing subscription is expired, your new subscription will start from the day of renewal. If you can't use our registered user area, please contact our Support Service.
Hints and Tips - Advanced Time Synchronizer Online manual
The "Tip of the Day" dialog box is normally displayed when you start Advanced Time Synchronizer. You can turn "Tip of the Day" off by the check box bellow and later want see the tips, select Tip of the Day from the Help pull-down menu.
Advanced Time Synchronizer can synchronize the time automatically at certain intervals. You can select an interval for automatic time synchronization on the Scheduling tab in the Settings dialog.
For your convenience Advanced Time Synchronizer documentation is available online. You can read it at any time here. If you wish to read documentation offline, you can download it in PDF format here.
To configure Advanced Time Synchronizer to start time synchronization when it starts, select Synchronize time when program started option on the Run tab of Settings dialog.
Advanced Time Synchronizer samples each time server multiple times and uses timestamp from the fastest sample to synchronize clock. This feature may be useful, because the network delays are often greater on the first sample and less on next samples. You can set number of samples on the Operation tab in the Settings dialog. Set this value to 1, if you want Advanced Time Synchronizer to sample a time server only once.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), select Frequently Asked Questions from the Advanced Time Synchronizer Help pull-down menu or click here now.
Starting from Windows XP Advanced Time Synchronizer can show balloon tool tip near its icon in the system tray when the system time is adjusted. To enable balloon tool tips select Show balloon tool tip when time adjusted option in the Operation tab of Settings dialog.
Total number of time synchronizations made by Advanced Time Synchronizer you can always find in Statistics tab of Settings dialog.
When Advanced Time Synchronizer is minimized to an icon in the system tray, its icon may be added to the Alt-Tab dialog by Add icon to Alt-Tab dialog when minimized option on the Run tab of Settings dialog.
Advanced Time Synchronizer can play sound when time server is connected and when system time is adjusted. You can allow these options and customize sounds on the Sounds tab of Settings dialog.
For a complete Tip of the Day list, select Hints and Tips from the Advanced Time Synchronizer Help pull-down menu.
Advanced Time Synchronizer window does not close by button on its caption. It just minimizes to the system tray icon. To close Advanced Time Synchronizer, select Exit Advanced Time Synchronizer command from window menu, which appears by mouse click on the icon in the left side of window caption, or by Alt-Space keystroke.
If Advanced Time Synchronizer receives time that much differs with system clock, it can accept this time, do not accept this time, or show question message. These options may be customized in Check time adjustment group on Operation tab of Settings dialog.
Advanced Time Synchronizer calculates average drift of your computer clock per day. You can view your computer's clock drift on Average drift tab of Settings dialog.
All access to local time servers saves into the log file, which can be viewed on Local server tab of Settings dialog.
Advanced Time Synchronizer can start automatically on system startup. Select Auto start the program option on the Run tab of Settings dialog to set Advanced Time Synchronizer to start on system startup.
Advanced Time Synchronizer can start as Windows NT service on system startup. Select Auto start the service option on the Run tab of Settings dialog to set Advanced Time Synchronizer service to start.
Advanced Time Synchronizer's main window can be restored by pressing the hotkey selected in the Run tab of the Settings dialog. Advanced Time Synchronizer's main window will appear when you press the hotkey even when you are working in another application.
If you use a dial-up connection to the Internet, you can set the Wait Dial-up connected option on the Scheduling tab in the Settings dialog. Advanced Time Synchronizer will attempt to synchronize the time automatically at the specified interval, but if no dial-up connection is established, Advanced Time Synchronizer will wait till one is established and perform synchronization after that.
For Advanced Time Synchronizer to establish a dial-up connection automatically before synchronizing the time, open the Dial-up tab in the Settings dialog and check the Auto-dial network connection option, select a phone book entry and specify the username and password for it. If you want Advanced Time Synchronizer to disconnect after synchronization, check the Automatically disconnect option.
You can view detailed information on all time synchronizations performed by the program on the Statistics tab in the Settings dialog. If you want to stop saving statistics, check the Do not save statistic information option. You can also clear the list by clicking the Clear button.
You can quickly open Settings dialog on required tab by a command from Options pull-down menu.
To start automatic time synchronization, click the Synchronize button. In automatic mode Advanced Time Synchronizer connects to all the servers in the list one by one until either the time is successfully synchronized or the list is over.
If you are behind a firewall, Advanced Time Synchronizer can support HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A and SOCKS5 proxy servers. Proxy servers may be customized on Proxy tab of the Settings dialog.
Advanced Time Synchronizer Key Features
Advanced Time Synchronizer Industrial
Purchase Advanced Time Synchronizer
Why You Should Register It
Advanced Time Synchronizer is shareware. This means that we have made the software available to you for free evaluation. You are entitled to evaluate the software for up to 30 days without obligation to pay. After 30 days, if you decide to keep the software, you must register your copy with us.
Registering Advanced Time Synchronizer will bring you:
- Remove nag screen and enable all features of the product;
- Get technical support via email;
- Special discounts for purchasing other our products;
- 100% risk-free 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
Purchase Advanced Time Synchronizer online
The easiest and fastest way to order the software is using a credit card and purchase through special server provided by the authorized registration service. The order form is located on secure server and all transactions are processed via the secure SSL protocol ensuring that your private data will remain confidential. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, Carte Blanche, JCB. Other payment methods: Check, Cash, Bank/Wire transfer, PayPal. Payments can be made Online, by Purchase Order, Fax, Phone or Postal Mail. After you have submitted your form, you will receive the activation code in 24 hours. If you run into a problem, please feel free to contact our Support Service. We will be happy to help you.
Advanced Time Synchronizer For Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 Desktop 32 and 64-bit
- To purchase a license, click on the price above, and follow the instructions provided in our secure online store.
Advanced Time Synchronizer Industrial For Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 Desktop 32 and 64-bit
- To purchase a license, click on the price above, and follow the instructions provided in our secure online store.
Activating/Registering Advanced Time Synchronizer
Once your order is successfully processed, you will receive email confirmation with your activation code. To activate Advanced Time Synchronizer:
- Open the "Activation/Registration" dialog from the "Help" menu of the main Advanced Time Synchronizer window, then enter your activation code exactly as shown in the registration email. It is important to remember that character case, punctuation, and spaces are significant. We suggest that you copy and paste the code directly from your registration email to the activation dialog.
- You have two activation options:
- On-line activation On-line activation is the easiest and fastest way to activate Advanced Time Synchronizer. If your computer is connected to the Internet, simply click the "On-line Activation" button.
- EMail activation EMail activation allows you to activate Advanced Time Synchronizer without direct connection to the server. You need to send us your activation code and hardware fingerprint by email. If you have more than one license you can send us hardware fingerprint for each computer in one message. Click the "EMail Activation" button to open your default email client with precompiled message body.
- You can use one copy of the software on only a single computer at any one time. You can activate your software as many times as you want on the same computer (with the same hardware fingerprint).
- Activation is based on the hardware configuration of your computer. If you upgrade some significant parts on your computer, reactivation might be required. In that case please contact our Support Service.
- You will be able to reactivate your software on a system with different hardware fingerprint automatically in 6 months after last activation.
- Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you're not happy with Advanced Time Synchronizer, simply let us know within the first 30 days and we'll give you the full, prompt refund. No questions asked!
Southsoftware - Downloads